Background of Data processing agreements
The SENS motion PLUS medical device system is fully GDPR compliant.
However, the SENS motion system stores and processes data on online servers. Data processing agreements might thus be needed for specific projects, in order to ensure the legal base for such processing.
SENS has extensive experience with such agreements and are willing to assist to provide the necessary info for filling and signing the required legal documents.
Please contact us for further details and input for data processing agreements.
This sections outlines the underlying data security concepts of the SENS motion technology platform.
The system architecture is built to ensure safe transfer and storage of potentially sensitive data.
- The SENS motion PLUS sensor (1) collects activity data and sends the encrypted data to the database server.
- Server (3) where all the data is securely stored.
- SENS motion App (2), which enables the transfer of data from the sensor to the database server
- Algorithm (4) enabling an automated analysis of data
- Generating an overview of activity profiles (5) is easily accessible for the research staff via a secure internet browser
SENS motion PLUS data security (Transfer of data from sensor to server)
Data is encrypted by the sensor's processing unit before being stored in sensor memory (SENS motion PLUS). The encryption is based on the public/private key concept, where only the cloud server has the key to decrypt data after transfer. Data is thus end-to-end encrypted and, even if intercepted, cannot be read by unauthorized persons. The encryption is based on AES-128 data encryption.
The sensor detects the accelerations it is exposed to, as well as sensor temperature and battery voltage.
For further data on the processed data output see link.
Data storage security
Data are stored locally at the Amazon Web Services (AWS) data center in Frankfurt, Germany only.
Please contact us for further details on the data security of AWS.