The sensor is worn discreetly on the thigh, 24 hours a day. It is compact, waterproof and flexible. As soon as the patch with the sensor is placed and put into use, the objective and accurate activity measurements are displayed online where staff can access them.
Guide to changing the patch
Before assembling the sensor and patch, check that the sensor is active and assigned to the desired patient. Note or remember the sensor name/number for the patient to be created.
Once the patch with sensor is placed and put into use, the objective and accurate activity measurements are displayed online for research staff to access. The measurement period depends on the purpose, ranging from hours to months. The sensor can measure continuously up to 22 weeks, and store up to 10 days of data in case it is not emptied. The patch is recommended to be changed to a new one within 14 days. If redness or irritation occurs during use, remove the patch immediately as instructed.
- You will need a cleaning wipe, your sensor and a sensor patch
- Place the sensor inside the patch pocket and the SENS motion logo upwards. Pull off the bottom piece of plastic so that the sensor and patch can be pressed firmly
- Securely fasten the patch around the sensor
- Clean the skin where the patch should be placed
- Remove the back
- Put plasters on the thigh when the skin is dry. The round part of the sensor should face DOWN towards the knee.
- Remove the white border
The patch and the sensor is now applied.